If your email address has changed or you want to transfer your Qbox account to another user, please follow the instructions below or view our 'Changing the Email Address Used for Your Qbox Account' help document for full instructions with screenshots. For security reasons, the Qbox support team will verify your identity before the email is changed. In some situations, they may call you for verification.
- Send an email to email@example.com; provide your current email address and the new email address to be used. Please also provide the name of one folder and one file in your account, so support can verify your identity, and change the email.
- Qbox support will verify your identity and ask you to confirm that the affected accounts do not have any files locked (this only affects the email address(es) involved in the change, not any other shared users of the folders and files). Close any files that may be locked to let them sync and release the lock. We will make the email change when we receive confirmation. Please stay out of any files in your Qbox folders until the following steps are completed.
- You will get an email with a 'Set Password' link sent to your new email address when the change has been made by Qbox Support. Click the link and set your password.
- The Qbox Client/Explorer running on your desktop should restart and ask you to log in. Click ‘Change Qbox account’. Login with your new email address and your password.
- Select a location for creating the Qbox folder, after which Qbox will sync down your folders and files from the new account.
If your email domain has changed and you have team members or Qbox MU, please also change the email address of each member so they have the same domain.