If your email address has changed or you want to transfer your Qbox account to another user, please follow the instructions below. If your email domain has changed and you have team members or a Qbox MU group, please also change the email address of each member so they have the same domain. For security reasons, the Qbox support team will verify your identity before the email is changed. In some situations, they may call you for verification.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your current email address and the new email address to be used.
- Provide the name of one folder and one file in your account, so support can verify your identity, and change the email.
- Folder name: found on the left-hand side menu of both the Qbox Plus Web Dashboard and the Qbox Client/Explorer. The topmost folder is the Root folder. The folders underneath the Root folder are called Sync folders.
- File name: when you select a Sync folder on the left, you will see the files stored inside the Sync folder to the right (middle of the window).
- Qbox support will verify your identity and change the email address. Please close and stay out of any files in your Qbox folder until the following steps are completed.
- You will get an email with a 'Set Password' link sent to your new email address when the change has been made by Qbox Support. Click the link and set your password (OPTIONAL).
- The Qbox Client/Explorer running on your desktop should restart and ask you to log in. Click ‘Change Qbox account’. Log in with your new email address and the password you just created.
- Select a location for creating the Qbox folder, after which Qbox will sync down your folders and files from the new account.
The change is complete when all files are finished syncing down.