You can create Tasks in CoraCloud and assign them to yourself as the Account Owner, Team Members, or Client Users, for any work that needs to be performed. When you create a task, you can provide additional detail corresponding to the task so the assigned user has the information needed to complete the task and log time spent to perform the task. Multiple logs can be created to perform a task. Tasks help you keep track of the status of work performed at all times and bill your clients accurately. We recommend that you use Tasks for all work performed for accurate tracking.
You can create one of many pre-selected tasks or a custom task, and provide the details relevant to each type of task. You can also simply log time without creating a task, though this is not a recommended approach. It is more efficient and easier to track the progress of work performed by creating and assigning tasks before work is started.
New tasks can be created from each of the three Task views (Placard, List, and Table).
Creating a Task
- Click on the 'Tasks' tab at the top of CoraCloud. From this page, you can click on '+ Tasks' and then select 'Create Tasks' from the menu.
- Alternatively, you can choose to implement an Organizer by clicking on 'Create Organizers'. An Organizer is used for a process that has multiple tasks to be completed. View our ‘Create Organizers’ help guide for full instructions.
- This will open the Create Tasks window. Here you will need to select the Client and the Entity that the task(s) are going to be for.
- The Select Client drop-down menu will show all the Clients you’ve added to CoraCloud. Please view the ‘Add Clients’ help guide if you need to add a Client.
- The Entity drop-down menu will show the Projects, Businesses, or Subsidiaries for the specific Client you’ve selected. Please view the ‘To create a Project, Business, or Subsidiary’ instructions if you need to create a Client Entity.
- After selecting the Client and Entity, you can start adding tasks. You can choose from a number of preset task options or select the custom task option. The task can then be assigned to a specific user, marked as a billable task, and a description added with instructions if necessary.
- The ‘Upload a File’ task will ask you to select which folder you’d like the assigned user to upload to.
- The ‘Download’, ‘Review’, and ‘eSign a File’ tasks will ask you to select the specific file you’d like the user to perform the task for.
- The ‘Setup a Meeting’ task will ask to select a user’s calendar where the meeting will be added.
- There are also many other tasks to choose from such as ‘Provide consultation’, ‘Reconcile bank account’, and many others.
- To confirm the creation of this task, you'll need to click on 'Add Details...". Here you can also mark the task as billable if it was not before, including the number of budgeted hours set aside to complete the task, and set start and due dates for the task. When all the necessary information has been added, click on 'Save' to confirm the task and return to the Create Tasks window.
- That task has now been saved. A new row will appear under the recently saved task. Here you can add an additional task for this Client and Entity if necessary. You can continue to add as many tasks at once as you need. Once a task has been added to a row, you can use the ‘Actions’ column to clone the task or click the trash can to delete the task from the current creation list.
- Once you’ve added all necessary tasks, you can click on 'Done' in the lower right corner. This will bring you back to the Table View screen and you will see the newly created tasks appear at the top of the page. Following is a screenshot of the new task in each of the three task views available.
Editing/Deleting a Task
If a task has not yet been started, you can delete or edit the task by clicking on the task's three-dot menu from the Placard view, or choosing the edit or delete button from the List View.
You can also edit or delete a task from the spreadsheet-like Table View by checking the box for the task in the first column and then going to the 'Actions' menu and choosing 'Edit' or 'Delete'.