How to Upload, View, Download, and Edit Files as a Client
As a Primary User or Client User, you may be asked to submit documents to CoraCloud. To do so you'll need to upload them by following these instructions:
- Navigate to the "External" folder of your Project, Business, or Subsidiary where the document belongs. If you are a Consultant Client User, you will upload files to the “Consultant Files” folder of the Project, Business, or Subsidiary. If the files need to be placed in a subfolder inside the "External" folder, navigate to and open that folder before proceeding.
- Next, click the ‘Actions’ button at the top-right corner of the screen and select ‘Upload Folder(s) / File(s)’.
- A pop-up window will appear. You can drag and drop your files to the area outlined by the dotted lines. Alternatively, you can click on the text inside the box and it will open a Windows File Explorer window for you to navigate and select the files you wish to upload. If all of the files you’re uploading are of the same type (like W-2s or Income Statements), you can use the ‘File Category’ drop-down list above the dotted box to categorize the files before the upload.
- Next, click ‘Upload’ in the lower right corner and your files will be copied from your local hard drive into CoraCloud.
As a Primary User or Client User of CoraCloud, you have the ability to view PDF and image files directly on the CoraCloud platform. Simply click on the file you wish to view and it will open in the same window. When you're done, you can click on ‘Close File’ to return to your documents. Only PDF and image files can be opened and viewed directly on the platform. To view any other type of document (Excel, Word, etc.), you will need to download the file to your computer and then open it in the appropriate software.
As a Primary User or Client User of CoraCloud, you have the ability to download your files from CoraCloud to your local hard drive. Additionally, downloading a file is necessary to view/edit the contents of any file type (Excel, Word, etc.) besides PDFs and image files, which can be viewed by simply clicking on them in CoraCloud. To download a file:
- Navigate to the file in CoraCloud that you wish to download.
- Next, click on the three-dot menu of the file icon/name and select ‘Download’.
- The file will automatically be downloaded to your browser's default download location (typically your Downloads folder). You can open the file from this location on your computer to view its contents and/or edit it.
You may have files on CoraCloud that need to be edited by you. As a Primary User or Client User, you'll have to go through these steps to properly edit the file and share the changes.
- Find the file in CoraCloud that needs to be updated/edited.
- On the file's icon/name, there is a lock symbol (the lock should be open). Click this lock so it will show a filled-in golden lock symbol (now closed lock) and your name, indicating that the file has now been locked by you to make changes (as seen in the image below).
- Now download the file as described in the Downloading Files section above.
- Edit the file in your preferred document editing software. When you're done, make sure you save all changes then close the program you used to edit the document.
- Next, go back to the file's location in CoraCloud. You will see that it is still locked by you. Now, upload the file you just edited from your computer to CoraCloud using the method discussed in the Uploading Files section above. When you upload the modified document to its original location in CoraCloud, it will replace what is currently in CoraCloud with your new document and automatically release the file lock. Your changes have now been shared with everyone who has access to this file. The file lock icon should now be back to opened/unlocked.