Organizers are a feature of CoraCloud that let you bundle the tasks of a project together so you can see completed items of a project as a whole, instead of finding and examining the status of each individual task. Another benefit of using an Organizer is that the creator of the Organizer and all of the task assignees will be notified when the Organizer has been created, when they have tasks to do in the Organizer, and when all of the Tasks that encompass the Organizer have been completed.
You can create an organizer for any project that has multiple tasks to be completed. In the organizer, you can assign task owners, required completion dates, and additional details relevant to each of the tasks. The organizer can be launched with or without the Cora Assistant.
An Organizer can be created and launched or saved as a template for repeated use. The Organizer can have several tasks, each consisting of a type of task, assignee, required by date, and additional details. The assignee is the owner of the task and is expected to complete the task before the date specified. Once the task is completed, CoraCloud will automatically mark the task as completed. The Organizer is completed when all the individual tasks are completed.
To Create an Organizer:
- Click on the ‘Tasks’ tab at the top of CoraCloud.
- This brings you to the Task list view. Next, click the ‘+ Tasks’ button towards the top right. From here, choose ‘Create Tasks in an Organizer’ where you can create a new organizer or use an existing template. The ‘Create New Organizer’ button is used when you need to prepare a unique set of tasks for specific users just once. An Organizer Template can be created and used for a process that is commonly performed by many different users or team members. You can create a template and assign users to the specific tasks when necessary to save time preparing the process in the future. For this example, select the ‘Create New Organizer’ button.
- Enter a name and description, then assign the Organizer to a Client, and an Entity.
- The Client drop-down menu will show all Clients you’ve added to CoraCloud. Please view the ‘Add Clients’ help guide if you need to add a Client.
- The Entity drop-down menu will show the Projects, Businesses, or Subsidiaries for the specific Client you’ve selected above. Please view the ‘Create a Project, Business, or Subsidiary’ instructions if necessary.
- You can now begin to list the Organizer tasks. You can choose a task from the list of preset task options or select the custom task option. The task can then be assigned to a specific user, made billable, and a description can be added.
- The ‘Upload a File’ task will ask you to select which folder you’d like the assigned user to upload to.
- The ‘Download’, ‘Review’, and ‘eSign a File’ tasks will ask you to select the specific file you’d like the user to perform the task for.
- The ‘Setup a Meeting’ task will ask to select a user’s calendar where the meeting will be added.
- There are also many other tasks to choose from such as ‘Provide consultation’, ‘Reconcile bank account’, and many others.
- Click on the ‘Add Details’ link for each task to enter specific information regarding the task. Then click ‘Save’.
- Additional tasks can be added to your Organizer after filling out the current task row and clicking on ‘Save’ in the ‘Add Details’ screen. A new row will appear in the Organizer allowing you to add another task.
- A completion order can be set by checking the ‘Enforce order’ box.
- The tasks must be completed in the order they are listed if this box is checked.
- Tasks can be cloned, deleted, or moved in the sequence using the icons on each side of a given task.
- Click and drag the ‘Move’ button to move the selected task.
- Click 'Launch' when you are ready to proceed. If you aren’t ready to launch the Organizer and would like to come back to it, you may click the ‘Save as Draft’ button.
- If you click the ‘X’ in the top right corner, you will leave the Organizer and what you’ve entered will be saved as a draft as well.
- If you save an organizer as a draft, you can come back to it by clicking on the name of the organizer under ‘Filter Views’ in your Task List View. This will display the current tasks listed in the drafted organizer. You can then edit the listed tasks or launch the organizer by clicking on the name of the organizer to the top left where it says ‘Organizer Name:’. Clicking on the name will open the organizer creator and you can click the ‘Edit’ button in the lower right corner to make changes to the organizer before launching.
- After launching the Organizer, you will be asked if you want to make use of the Cora Assistant. Cora will help remind the people that were assigned tasks in your Organizer that they have action items to complete. Cora can be set to a 'Friendly' or 'Firm' mood.
- In 'Friendly' mood, Cora will send an email reminder to the task owner once every 72 hours, until the task is completed.
- In 'Firm' mood, Cora will send an email as well as a text reminder once every 24 hours until the task is completed. The task owner needs to have verified their mobile phone number to receive text messages. Phone carrier SMS text charges may apply.
Note: Cora Assistant can also be activated or edited after launching an Organizer. For an existing Organizer, click on the name of the organizer under ‘Filter Views’ in your Task list view. Click on the name of the organizer to the top left where it says ‘Organizer Name:’, and select 'Enable Cora Assistant’ to enable reminders. If Cora was previously enabled, you will have the option to ‘Edit Cora Assistant’.